About Me

My photo
I want to do better and be stronger and move on

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Staying In Love

Tonight i got together with a group of quite different young women and we listened to part one of a 4-part sermon series about staying in Love. I think the messages it had are really fundamental for all relationships. It was about looking to Jesus' love for us as the example of how our relationships should be, rather than relying on the human relationships around us solely.

I am so scared of being in a relationship and deciding to submit to and love that person everyday and then have them wake up and not do the same.
I want a marriage that lasts. I want a partner who will stay with me and continue striving to make our relationship work and put me first even when things aren't great and even when i'm selfish and moody.
I want to be able to have the strength to be that for someone else.
I think what terrifies me is that i know for myself how easily i could fall into bad habits and forget to put them first, so i know it's likely that my partner would be the same.
I wish the world wasn't so broken.

1 comment:

  1. I like the bit about not relying on the example of relationships around us, so true!

    A good relationship is so beautiful. I like what you say.

    ReplyDelete